Friday, April 09, 2010

More Packages!

I got my fabulous Alice in Wonderland swap, although my round-robin partner has not yet gotten hers (shhhh--don't tell anyone, but it went all the way to the Yukon). I just started up a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel swap (don't laugh! besides, it wasn't totally my idea). The Mardi Gras swap was ages and ages ago.


Yet, last week a surprise box showed up just for me. The amazing Dr. Knitter, in the grand tradition of New Orleans, sent me a lagniappe.



We had swapped in the Mardi Gras swap, but now, months later, she sent a beautiful skein of PGG yarn, a recipe book from the Mystic Krewe of Barkus, and some amazing beads.


The beads are amazing. The real deal. The Krewes of Rex, Bacchus, and Thoth; Pete Fountain's Half-Fast Walking Club; and LB's favorite, the Zulus. These were heavy, heavy beads and Dr. Knitter actually paid to mail them to me. Amazing! I leave some beads hanging up all year long, so these will definitely go on display.


As soon as I opened up the cookbook, it fell open to a page with instructions on how much of a variety of ingredients a cook needs to throw a party for 25, 50, or 100 people.

Any place with such a cookbook and with such kind-hearted people as Dr. Knitter sounds like my kind of place. Thanks!!

No comments: