Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Drama Llama

The Oscars are at the end of this month, and I'm getting ready for our annual bash. You are invited, of course. Unless you are the type of person who shows up already drunk. Then, no.

This year is somewhat unusual in that so many of the nominees are out on DVD. If you need to do a bunch of movie watching to prepare, check out these films: Anonymous, A Better Life, Beginners, Bridesmaids, Drive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Hell and Back Again, The Help, The Ides of March, If a Tree Falls, Jane Eyre, Kung Fu Panda 2, Margin Call, Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, Puss in Boots, Rango, Real Steel, Rio, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Tree of Life, and Warrior.

Seriously, that's a ton available (a few aren't quite out yet but will be by Oscar time).

Speaking of fabulous, glittery bashes, I have been knitting for my friend Matthew of the unceasing fabulosity. He's going to some sort of concert/art happening in Chicago in a few weeks and commissioned some costuming.


I made him these gloves and a ruff and another friend made him these fur pants.


My stuff for him is kind of a one-of-a-kind design (plus I suck at writing down patterns as I go), but I would definitely make more of these if the yarn just fell into my lap.

No comments: