Friday, September 09, 2011

Twisted Stitches

I took a different route back from my rock-star gig last weekend. Months ago, I spotted a coral necklace in an antique mall. I should have bought it. I didn't and have been kicking myself. I still can't really justify it, except that it's the exact shade of coral you can't buy anymore. I hoped it was still there. Alas, I have no idea.

For some reason the antique mall was closed when I stopped by. No sign. No explanation. I can only hope.

I did, however, spot a billboard along the highway for a yarn store in St. Elmo, IL. I pulled off the highway and without any additional signs, just followed my instincts to the downtown business district. Given the location and demographics, Twisted Stitches has to perform a delicate balancing act.

There was a bit of Lion Brand, a bit of Red Heart, some Patons and Plymouth, but also some Trendsetter.

In the back, a group of women were meeting for a stitch and bitch, so I think Twisted Stitches has managed to meet the needs of her community.

Ever hopeful, I bought myself yet another pom pom maker.

1 comment:

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

I only regret what I don't buy. That said did you hear about the monster jewelry sale in December at Christies. I am sure there is going to be a world of regret going on after that sale.