Monday, September 12, 2011


Through great personal effort and perseverance cleaning ten minutes here and there for a few weeks, I have managed to reclaim my craft room, or at least reclaim my cutting mat and sewing machine. Much work remains, especially if I don't clean up from this latest project.

I wanted to make a project bag for my swap partner. She mentioned specifically that she wanted one. Rachel found some great sock monkey fabric, which I crave for my own personal use. Funds are beyond tight at the moment, so I couldn't justify buying it. I was going to have to work from my stash. My stash of sock monkey fabric, at the moment, contains the remnant of a pillow case project: one width of about 4 inches wide of this fabric. In that width, I only had one row of circles, the rest being cut in half.

How to make it work?

The close-up makes my applique work look sloppy, and maybe it is. I was sewing in bed at 11:30 last night.

Still, the finished project is cute.

I like how it stands open.

Pattern from mairuru, a very cool Japanese sewing blog. I didn't totally read the instructions, mainly looked at the pictures and thought, "Hey, I could do that!"

Some serious fussy cutting went on with the ribbon pulls.

I added a pocket, because I believe in pockets. Insisted on one in my wedding dress, in fact.

Now I want one for myself.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Excellent work & I want one, too! :)

I can't believe the original was done by hand. No way would I have the patience to do that. I barely have the patience to sew things on the machine.