Friday, February 06, 2009

Blood Roses


Yarn: Dyeabolical Yarns, not sure the name of the yarn.

I love this colorway, which Kara named. My first impression was of blackberry cobbler, but "blood roses" is ever so much better. It makes me think of the cards at the croquet game, frantically painting the white roses red before the Red Queen found out. Those rose petals, both leathery and silky at the same time, would have sucked up that red paint, leaving them looking like this yarn.

I loved this yarn so much that I fantasized about making a vest out of it, but it's not the gauge I need for that project. I've put my swatch aside to see if it will felt and am making lovely plans for whatever is left.

1 comment:

yoel said...

Blood roses is the perfect name for that color! Maybe a flowery lace pattern scarf would work?