I had valid reasons. I would be working a twelve-hour day on Wednesday. Through years of neglect of my birthday, Valentine's Day, and any anniversary, I've been well trained to ignore what I've been told are "legislated holidays." And I don't like turkey anyway.
Ann was horrified. She felt such distress over my plight that she offered to feed us herself.
I kicked it into gear after all:
- roasted acorn squash drizzled with honey and stuffed with sausage
- butternut squash soup with toasted pumpkin seeds
- braised red cabbage salad with apples
- field greens salad with tomato and vinaigrette
- mashed potatoes
- yeast rolls
and for dessert
- baked apples stuffed with chopped dates and walnuts, drizzled with maple syrup and cinnamon
- cherry bounce