Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yikes!


Last night was Jamie's birthday party, so I am now able to reveal her top secret present. About 9 of us made here the Fiesta tea set from Interweave Knits. I made the creamer and a cup and saucer. If I hadn't been working on a collaborative project with eight other knitters, I would have modified the pattern quite a bit, but it's all good. There were even a few tears.


I've made it to the midterm, practically. I have even graded and graded this week. I'm also about to quit my non-teaching job in the next 10 minutes. With 2-weeks notice, of course.

Sooooo, while I do plan on knitting a bit, here's what in the inbox:
  • 2 3-page letters to the editor
  • 19 4-page reflection papers on "my environmental footprint"
  • 11 3-page profile papers
  • 6 paragraphs on "how my day would be different if I were illiterate"*
  • 12 paragraphs on "my favorite tv show"
Thanks for your indulgence with the countdown.
_______________
*notice the use of the conditional tense there. You can be damn sure there won't be any such usage in said paragraphs. If only that were the case.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

OK. I'm curious. I didn't even see the Fiesta tea set. What yarn did you use? I'm fascinated. Also, we are not indulging your use of lists. I personally enjoy the heck out them. I'm terrified to make a list. It would only show that I am every bit as far behind as I think I am.

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

I love,love,love my new teaset. Everytime I past by it I have to stop and stare at it. I don't know which humbles me more, the thoughtfulness of the present or the fact that so many people worked together to make. Thank you.