Today is the St. Louis Oyster festival, a thing I look forward to each year almost as soon as the previous one is over. The first year, LB and I managed to split 20 dozen between us. We've moderated our pace a bit, but I stopped by the bank this morning to ensure that I can eat myself silly if I so desire. Wish me luck. I'm feeling quite peaked, but I refuse to succumb until Sunday at the earliest.
The Fidget is finished, and so is a bit of grading.
- 2 3-page letters to the editor
- 19 4-page reflection papers on "my environmental footprint"
- 7 3-page profile papers (2 of which are for students who have likely dropped)
- 6 paragraphs on "how my day would be different if I were illiterate"
- 5 paragraphs on "my favorite tv show"
- 14 midterm exams
*Wow, it's not really a few things; it's a whole helluva lot of things. Actually, I may miss the soft-shells most of all, but they're so out of reach that I have to settle for missing the only truly obtainable item on the list.