Sunday, October 14, 2007

C'est Imposible

I did not buy yarn. I was even handed $41 by LB on my way out the door. His exact words were, "Honey, please buy yarn. Please? For me? If you loved me, you would."

At the yarn store I even ran into several of my best enablers. I spent two hours wandering about, fondling, dreaming, and calculating yardages.

I came very, very close to buying this Noro, but decided there wasn't enough in stock. Ultimately, I came up with nothing, nada, zilch.

I told myself I was pre-shopping. I'll have a discount due to me in a few weeks for a lecture I'm giving.

That must be it. I'm pre-shopping.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

When I have money, I can find absolutely nothing. When I'm destitute, I find everything and it's all a wonderful deal. I think it's one of Murphy's Laws, isn't it?

Eileen said...

I didn't buy yarn either. The stuff I liked wasn't on sale, plus I have a sweater on the needles, one unfinished for my husband, yarn for another and yarn for a shawl. I just couldn't do it. It was nice to visit the store, though. When's you lecture?

Suzy Rust said...

Is that Kureyon #134? I know its discontinued but I just bought two skeins of it at Myers House to finish (and add a hood to) The Sweetart Scarf. Yarn really can satisfy a sweet tooth! PS I've heard the only place to find good eggs in aspic is Paris...

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

It is a Noro, but it's not Kureyon--it's actually a thinner gauge and the yarn is periodically wrapped with this bright thread. I can't actualy recall the name, but it begins w/ an "S" pretty helpful, eh?

And you can get eggs in aspic at Shaker Village in Kentucky, but the egg is hard-boiled not poached. Still, it's a delight.