Friday, April 20, 2007

Music and Knitting


I'm thinking this is a post-war image, but what a great sweater! The body is perhaps stockinette, the sleeves are a k2p2 rib, the button band is k1p1 rib in a stripe. If you look closely, you can see the patch pocket as well.

The musician's name is John R. Campbell of Lynchburg, VA and he popped up on ebay this week.

Only to my nearest and dearest friends have I ever confessed the embarrassingly high number of exactly how many banjo players I've dated.

But, John R. Campbell, I wouldn't kick you out of bed for eating crackers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I never know what you'll write about next. One day a soap opera actress, the next, a long gone banjo picker. Amazing.

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Thanks Cindy! You've helped me not feel so guilty about being so unfocused. :P