Thursday, January 11, 2007

Score!


The pressed penny has been achieved! I particularly love it because it says nothing about NYC. We didn't even make it to Times Square until almost midnight and all the shops with pressed penny machines were closed. We had to beg the Sbarro waiter to let us in to get to the penny machine. The Sbarro penny replaces my former favorite penny, a souvenir of the Detroit airport.

We ate at a fabulous restaurant called A Restaurant--yes, that's the name, "A Restaurant," which makes googling particularly difficult. I kid you not, this was the best restaurant meal I've ever had in my life, and I'm a food nazi. This restaurant had a total seating capacity of only 24 people. All the prep was done off site with the final cooking done in two tiny Farberware convection ovens. They don't even serve beverages, just water. Poached pear with Roquefort, grilled avocado, escargot, tiny crusty baguettes, quail pate, duck confit, and wild mushroom cassoulet. I never want to eat again. Nothing can hold up to this meal.

In knitting news, the gifts are being enjoyed and worn, the second pink lacy sock is well past the gussets and headed for the toes, and Juniper is absolutely the cutest baby in the world.

No comments: