Some days, I feel like I've nothing to say when I update my journal, but I actually did manage to do quite a bit last week.
1) I've started helping to teach an Irish dance class, focusing on the ceili dancing. It was my first dance form, but I haven't had to break it down to teach before. I'm slowly discovering the vocabulary I need.
2) I posted a poem on my Facebook page every single day for National Poetry Month. Some have personal resonance for me, some don't. I have enjoyed them all.
3) I drank a deliciously chilled retsina; a mojito; and many, many hard ciders, one of which was a locally brewed raspberry. This week I may rest my liver a bit.
4) I cooked several palatable meals for vegan houseguests. Vegetarian is easy. Vegan is much, much harder.
5) I napped, probably an average of two a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm starting to think my current insomnia jag is age-related. We'll see. I'm feeling surprisingly functional and sane for so little sleep, which is odd for me.
6) I met a friend to walk our dogs in the park. I need to do that much more often than I do.
7) The dog and I finished up our final tricks class with a private lesson from the trainer. After a month, I came away with 3 or 4 new tricks to work on and a renewed love of working with my boy.
8) I'm not saying. A girl gets to have a few secrets here and there.
9) I took apart and cleaned a 1910s banjo.
10) I was a rock star.