Monday, August 13, 2012

UFOlympics

I had high hopes for that animal sitcom (dressed monkeys! poop jokes! that perky lead actress! lots and lots of adorable animals!), but I have to say, Meh. It wasn't worth delaying The Who for over an hour. Plus, the tiny little dog barks at animals on television. 

I'm feeling about the same way about the UFOlympics. I've been hugely unemployed this summer, so by rights I should have a ton of knitting done, especially with the Olympics on. I did finish up a few things (the Rivulet Shrug, a sleeping cap, a broomstick lace dealie) and made pretty good progress on my sock yarn blankie. Still, I am beyond broke and have been numbing my angst by making liberal use of my neighbors' wifi (we have permission).

I just haven't felt like doing much of anything. Hopefully, with the start of the semester in a week, the busy work will boost my drive.

No comments: