Friday, July 13, 2012

Old Times (part 3 of 3)

On my way back from New Madrid, I stopped at one of my favorite places. I stop there to stretch my legs nearly every time I drive by, even though it adds nearly thirty minutes to my trip.

It's a concrete yard, but also a sort of petting zoo. When you park, pearl guineas come running up to see if you have any treats.

There are your fairly typical petting zoo birds,

but also more exotic ones.

Likewise, there are a variety of typical petting zoo animals


but also more exotic ones.

The first time we stopped, Miss C here tried to drink LB's coffee. You can see how close the highway is behind her.

From either direction, take the Fruitland exit and go about 1 mile north on the outer road. Even if the store is closed, you can still stretch and visit the critters.

This time, there was a surprise:

a litter of Great Pyrenees puppies.

I have to say, from the re-enactment to the the journey home, this was one of my favorite trips of 2012,

No comments: