Thursday, February 09, 2012

New Knit Nite/Old Knit Nite

Last night, which was a Wednesday if it matters (it does), I checked out a brand new (as in this was the inaugural meeting) nineteenth-century craft group. It meets at the Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion, which is just about as gorgeous a setting as can be.


Built in 1848, the mansion is one of my favorite places in the city. Fourteen crafters showed up, and I was so impressed to watch Katherine teach a room full of beginners how to cast on. I've always given one-on-one lessons, or at most two people. She got ten-plus folks up and knitting in no time.

I started in on a hood edged in swans down, but have serious suspicions that the original pattern is error-ridden.

Next month's meeting will cover hair work, so I'm looking forward to returning. Check it out if you're free.

No comments: