Sunday, January 22, 2012

Handmade Holidays

I decided to do a DIY Christmas this year, and it seems like a lot of my friends did the same.

I got this beautiful handspun from Ann.


My friend Margaret gave me this beautiful mohair to make something for myself. Whatever it is, I know it will be exquisite.


Tempest Tea gave me this giant hairpin lace loom I'd been wanting. Sharon knitted a washcloth, and Rachel gave me a needlefelted ornament out of her roving in one of my favorite color combinations: orange and maroon.


Not handmade, but equally heartfelt, these Hello Kitty things all came from Sharon and the folks at Rivendell. Since my birthday is right next to the holidays, it looks like I got twice the loot.


My friend Jim gave me two volumes of singing cowboys (and cowgirls) remastered from his massive 78 collection. The spices are from Tempest Tea so I can cook up some deliciousness. There's also handmade soap from Amy and an ornament from the lovely and talented Suzanne.


Believe it or not, there's more! Stay tuned.

No comments: