Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ephemeral Chaos

I've got a bunch of dotty type items today, some about ephemera. Hence the title.

Here we go, in roughly chronological order.

First, here's the story of a collection. A few months ago, I went to my favorite antique store and picked up some inexpensive CDVs. In looking at them, I realized they were mostly by the same photographer, Mrs. W. A. Reed of Quincy, Illinois.

I was intrigued by the location, but even more, by the fact that the photographer was a woman. Curious, I googled her and found out how amazing she was. So when I returned to the antique store, I had to buy the rest of the CDVs. I also picked up some mother-of-pearl buttons, an ironstone dish, and some nightstand reading material.



Next, my students had decorated the classroom this week.

I made a quilt for Ann to thank her for taking me to the World Series game.


Knowing that Ann's taste in quilts is much more modern than mine, I found some great inspiration on Pinterest, which I adore beyond all reason.

Finally, I got around to cleaning my sewing machine and whipping up a cover out of an old feed sack I had in my stash.


Today, I did some major yarn stash reorganizing, which I am hoping will inspire some more projecting.

Yay!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love my quilt. I wish it would get colder so I could snuggle up underneath it. That's the first time I've ever wished it would get cold.