Friday, December 10, 2010

Puzzles

Ever since I was a kid, my family has assembled a jigsaw puzzle on Christmas day. As an adult, I've kept up the tradition.

This year, a puzzle store (the home base of an Internet business) opened near school and I finally got a chance to stop by and pick out my yearly puzzle.

Check out the knitting ones:

I did the above puzzle last year, although I swear it was missing a piece. I can even recognize some of the yarns. I spy Poof and Koigu and Malabrigo Silk and Squiggle and . . . For some reason, the designers threw in a few skeins of DMC floss just for fun.


Of course, there's the ubiquitous cats and knitting.


I already said they were ubiquitous, right? I actually really like this one, called Principles of Knitting, although I generally choose photographic puzzles over ones of illustrations. I have a feeling the knitted white afghan would make me crazy though.


This amazing piece is a Huichol painting made out of yarn glued to a board.

The puzzle to the left, called "Yards of Yarn," seems to be sold out at the moment. I got the chance to check it out in the shop last week and can testify that the title should really be "Yards of Floss."

That title doesn't alliterate though.

What is it with puzzle makers confusing floss and yarn?



I almost bought this one, but decided to opt for a non-knitting puzzle this year.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Ok, I saw its opening billboard & was tempted. Now I'm hooked. I'll have to check it out.