Monday, October 25, 2010

Tower Grove Market

Lots of knitting things to talk about, but I ended up substituting at the last minute for a colleague. Yippee for a pre-tax $25, but after taxes hardly worth the loss of blogging time.

On Saturday, I spent the day at the Dyeabolical booth at the Tower Grove Farmer's Market harvest festival. Whenever I'm in town, we visit the market, but this was my first time "working."*


Steu came too and tried to convince people to buy yarn just by the power of his gaze.**


That Steu must be pretty powerful; I bought some of Rachel's yarn this week. He was supposed to work his magic on customers, not on me.


___________
*I didn't really work; Rachel was kind enough to let us sit with her.

**I used to know quite a bit about Gaze Theory but have forgotten most of it by now, just as I have with the details and analogues of the Grail Legend. The two concepts are not related, other than in that they're something I've forgotten. In class on Thursday, I could not for the life of me remember which Arthurian knight was associated with the Grail Legend (n.b. it's Perceval).

No comments: