Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Edwardian Carrying Cape

My neighbors, Steve and Sarah, happen to be impossibly good looking. They look like they stepped out of the pages of a J. Crew catalogue. LB and I had a serious discussion when they moved in, worrying that their combined beauty would drive up our property taxes. Really, we did.

And now they're having a baby, who will surely be the most beautiful baby on the planet.

Their home, a twin to ours, is also beautiful decorated. Not my cluttered style, but spare like Pottery Barn. Not super modern but definitely nothing old.

What to knit for such a baby?

I had initially picked out this pattern using Reynold's Blossom, which I know in my heart they would use a lot more than what a finally picked.

Still, I loved the Edwardian Carrying Cape by Oat Couture.
Ann talked me into knitting what I love. What the hell. I can be the crazy neighbor knitting lady who knits impractical things for random babies if I want to.
Apparently, I can also be the crazy neighbor knitting lady who knits impractical things for random babies and then poses them on her dog to boot.

5 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

It's really pretty. It's hard to believe that it's hand knit!

Nell said...

Don't know what the expression on Steu's face is but I'm guessing "only because I love you" Do you know the gender of the baby?

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

They won't know the gender for a few more weeks. I have a feeling it's a boy.

Peggy said...

You're slightly less crazy than I am, since I pose them on my dog AND my cat.

Unknown said...

I've just bought this pattern to make for my daughter - first big knitting project so wish me luck!