Friday, October 30, 2009

Day of the Dead

I'm feeling like death itself, but here's what I sent my Day of the Dead swap partner.

It was a round-robin swap, so the person who had me differed from the person with whom I swapped. I got randomly assigned to the last woman I'd swapped with, on a completely different swap, on a completely different forum.

At least I knew what she liked.

I asked Suzanne (the lovely and talented but blogless and etsyless Suzanne, that is, as opposed to just your plain, old, average Suzanne) to make some Day of the Dead crochet stitch markers.

Suzanne is a genius.

For the knitted items, I made a pair of fingerless mitts out of Comfort. These mitts have my new favorite thumb (gusseted, but with the ribbing an integral part of the gusset, not added later).


I modified the duplicate stitch chart a bit to make it more like a Mexican sugar skull. These were really hard to give away.

For my swap partner's pups, I knitted a set of Fetch bones.

They are supposed to share, and the bones are color-coded, but I forgot that Sunnie is color blind. She's claimed them both.


Felicidades a todos!

1 comment:

yoel said...

I'm impressed you were able to send away those mittens! With the sweet little flowers and everything! Well, you can always make another pair.