Monday, October 12, 2009

The Blues

I've been slacking on the blogging front. It's even past time for my quarterly New Year's resolution check-in, but OY, I know the answers already. I'm slacking on all of them too.

Much drama in the classroom, but I can't really blog about it and the drama makes me sad sometimes anyway. One batch of midterm grades is due Wednesday and three more classes are due a week from Tuesday. I just collected 50 papers today, but still have a stack at home.

I'm ****this**** close to getting sick and have been thus for at least the last two weeks. I'm still going to the chiro for my neck from getting rear ended, although I'm ****this**** close to cutting him off just to find a few more hours for myself.

A wee bit of guilty knitting is happening, but only for a few minutes at a time. My knitting urge is only truly fulfilled when I can sit and knit for hours even days at a time.

My new camera (the one I used my summer teaching money to buy) isn't working.

At times like these, I need a good dose of the blues, so tomorrow at 7 p.m., I'll be headed over to my friend Kevin Belford's book signing for his new book, Devil at the Confluence. I've been waiting for this book to come out for a few years now and it's going to be even cooler than I had hoped, with a CD and tons of Kevin's amazing artwork. I'll even be able to afford my very own copy.

The blues always make me feel better.

1 comment:

Martha in Kansas said...

I sure sympathize. Our grades were due last Wednesday. I turned mine in Friday and yesterday. Trying to cram conferences into 3 days now and am not prepared. Yesterday sharp students in one class pointed out I made a math error on their grades. Significant enough to change the grades. And a teacher I supervise took the easy route and gave only As, going against the strict course grading policy. I have to meet with the teacher to discuss this. To add to this, the offending teacher is my boss. I have no idea how to handle this problem. I'm SO looking forward to the 2 day break this week!