Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In with the New

For 15 years I knit my socks from the cuff down on DPs. The biggest change I made was in going from using 5 needles to 4. In the past six months, however, I've learned to knit socks with a magic loop, 2 at once on one circular, 2 at once with 2 circulars, and now from the toe up.



I loved learning the Eastern cast-on for the toe-up socks, but all in all I can say that none of these methods is better, only different.


I tend to be highly skeptical of the "If you just do things my way, the world will be perfect" approach. That may not make me a good knitting teacher as I tend to emphasize all the options and how everything is just a matter of personal choice and preference.


Some people just really want to be told what to do.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Toe up = no kitchener stitch, so that has to be a bonus.

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Definitely a selling point. I don't mind kitchener myself. I like feeling like I'm knitting w/ one needle.