Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fashion Rocks

Rodarte knitwear was all over the latest issue of the Vanity Fair Fashion Rocks issue. It's amazing.

Believe it or not, the first thing I noticed was her mohair tights. My second thought was, "Jesus, isn't she afraid to leap like that in those Louboutins?" Model Coco Rocha, it turns out, is a step dancer, thank heavens.

It wasn't until the third look that I really focused on this mohair dress.

My favorite fiber, my first love dance form. It rocks.
________________
I usually don't share recipes because I tend to either substitute freely or not to measure at all. I tend towards the pinch-of-this-pinch-of-that approach. Finally, here's one I can share:

7-letter Deborah's Easiest Dip in the Universe

Ingredients:
  • high quality greek yogurt (like Greek God's) or lebne or make your own yogurt cheese*
  • olive oil
  • zaatar**
  • pita chips

*see, already with the substitutions! You can buy lebne at any middle eastern or international grocer.

**zaatar is available from Penzey's or any middle eastern grocer. Or, if you happen to have ground sumac in your pantry (which I do), you can mix your own in roughly 3 parts sumac, 1 part thyme, 1.5 parts kosher salt, and 1.5 parts sesame seeds.


Spread lebne in a shallow dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with zaatar. Serve with pita chips.

No comments: