Monday, June 30, 2008

The Intervention of Life

Knitting is happening--I finished one sock and started the second. I did a few rounds on the two-at-once-on-one-needle socks. I got to the K5, k2tog round of a charity hat only to run out of yarn. I picked up and considered the second gator mitt only to put it down again. I brought the red and white chevron scarf all the way downstairs from upstairs.

I also finished the most boring hat in the entire history of the known universe: 22" of K1, sl1 in the round. I'd put it aside for almost a year, only to figure out that I only needed to do 2 more rows. And now that it's done, it's still the most boring hat in the entire history of the known universe because it's brown and looks just like a store-bought hat. Off to the charity pile.

. . . but life intervenes.

I've had an odd pain in my right index finger for the past week and have been anxiously expecting it to curl, crone-like, into some weird arthritic hook, preventing me from ever knitting again.

I may have seven house guests arriving in three days. I can't really recall whom all I invited and what exactly they said.

We're trying to close on a house.

I have an 8-page paper for a public presentation due in five days and one of my books just came in to the library.

I just want to eat chocolate and potato chips and drink frozen cocktails and watch bad TV.

Knitting usually helps me when I'm in this state.

5 comments:

Anna McClurg said...

I just want to eat chocolate and potato chips and drink frozen cocktails and watch bad TV.

Sounds good to me. :)

wheelinsticks said...

Right there with ya!

yoel said...

I totally agree with the frozen cocktails and potato chips and chocolate, except that frozen cocktails require washing the blender later, so I recommend shaken or stirred drinks.

Anonymous said...

In case it helps you feel better -- I think you have one house guest in your actual house and three easy-going guys (Carl, Ed, and Dave) in your other place. I asked them if they wanted to borrow some bedding, crockery, etc., from me and all they said was, "as long as we have some cheap whiskey we don't care.)

My verification word today is "Hoouy," which pretty much sums up the situation, I think.

Silvana

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Oh, there's definitely more--2 more musicians at least and maybe another guest. Guess I should send out some RSVPs.

The frozen cocktail will have to wait--on top of everything I had a dentist appt. this morning.