Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Audience

The semester has started and I'm back to teaching the little darlings how to write. Three different preps, three different campuses.

We'll definitely be talking about audience--who are your readers? After all, telling your best friend about your spring break in Cancun is a lot different from telling your father about the same trip.

I've been to four different knitting events lately (a guild meeting, two knit-ins, and a Mardi Gras kick-off), and I haven't blogged about a one of them.

The worst possibility is that I'd end up documenting my various errands, snacks, sleep habits, traffic jams, and minor annoyances. At the other end of the spectrum, I could end up writing like Dominick Dunne, with his references to who sat next to whom at which dinner party. I would bore even the cat.


Rest assured, if I don't write about a local knitting event, it's not because I didn't have a good time.

No comments: