Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Progress?

I've made zippo progress in grading since Sunday night. Neither have I knit, much. On the plus side, I've had only two hysterical melt-downs this morning, and did manage to get some nutritious food in the house and in me.

Last night, I stopped into JoAnn's. I swear on my honor that I was only there for a zipper.

Right inside the door, I saw this:
Perfect for a Mardi Gras broomstick skirt. Also 60% off. I'm a bit ticked in that it was cut well off the grain, but I think I can salvage the wonky bit for a waistband.

Then wonder of wonders, I found this beyond-perfect Mardi Gras brocade:

Also 60% off. I bought the remainder of the bolt, three yards. At the very least it's lovely in its own right, as a drape, table cloth, whatever. But imagine it as a quilted swing coat.

There's not much point in reposting my progress report, since there's been none. I did find a video of one of my Civil War knitted sleeping caps in action though. It's on the far right, and the film is very dark because it was filmed by candlelight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that purple paisley fabric.

Anonymous said...

A SCREAM!!
Looks like it was filmed at Fort Scott Kansas.
Hig is scrapping the jawbone of an ass.