Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween

I was all set to ignore Halloween this year, partly because I have been spending my money and time on nineteenth-century candies, partly because I haven't had a porch light since 2005, partly because fighting my way back to the decorations bin in the basement depresses me, and mostly because it falls on knit night.

I did put up the towels.

No one noticed.

I decided I was simply tired of Halloween. Then I saw Annie's Halloween decorations. One phone call to Schnucks' customer service and I was out the door on my way to collect the last pair in the city. Apparently the latest news articles on minorities being less likely to celebrate Halloween has some degree of truth. I found the flamingos in what some of its neighbors call "ghetto Schnucks." I call it great customer service.


I also have a Halloween surprise prepared for knit night and as a thank you to the folks who helped me put on the knitting lecture. It started like this:


Here's a sneak peak, but all will be revealed tomorrow.

No comments: