Thursday, August 30, 2007

Food Meme

This comes from Troy Boy via Poppy Mom.

Favorite Gourmet Item: Illegal Cheese--It's illegal to import any unpasteurized cheese that's less than 60 days old. If you know the code and have a dealer, you can get it though. My cheesemonger used to call me up and tell me he had some "really fresh stuff." Keep asking for "fresh" stuff, and maybe you'll find it.

Favorite Snack at Home: At the moment, Penzy's Chip & Dip mix w/ rippled chips.

Favorite Fast Food item: McDonald's French Fries w/ two salt packets.

Favorite Food when Driving: Arby's Ultimate BLT Wrap

Favorite Food with a Beer (or other libation - please specify): Welsh rarebit, with the beer cooked in it. Either that or beer-braised rabbit. I'm not much of a beer drinker and prefer my hard liquor on an empty stomach.

Favorite Food for Invoking Romantic Intentions: Red velvet cake

Least Favorite Food: Beets. Can't do it. No way.

Food that Conjures a Childhood Memory: Cupcakes made in ice cream cones and open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches with smiley faces made out of ketchup.

Food that Conjures a Sad Memory: Swiss chard. There were definitely threats of violence if the plates were not cleared.

Food that Conjures a Happy Memory: tapas--from a college trip to Spain and from our wedding. Either that or soft-shell crab sandwiches with mayo on white bread.

I tag Carrie, Peggy, and Annie. I think TroyBoy wants to hear that you responded.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, fun!

Maybe I'll have time to do this tonight after packing...

I am, however, quite sad to learn that you don't enjoy the beet.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I had no idea there was illegal cheese!!

Oh, and I adored Miss Potter. :)