Friday, June 22, 2007

Rock Star

It's been blowing my mind for the last few months that I'm somehow managing to live as a full time square dance caller. I'm also earning about $30 a week with some bookkeeping at the frame shop, but other than that, it's all dance money, all the time.

It's been blowing my mind so much that I no longer eat out. Or buy clothes. Or fancy shampoo. Or, more importantly, liquor.

It's been blowing my mind so much that I'm starting to wake up at 4 a.m. and obsess about money until the sun comes up.

Being a rock star is hard work.

Just as I decide it's time to start seriously thinking about a job, I get a call about teaching some square dancing for an upcoming reality t.v. show.

I've signed a confidentiality agreement, so I can't say much more than that, but this sounds like something I could live on for the rest of the summer. Plus, they want me to rent them some costumes.

It's all just blowing my mind.

________________________________

In other news, I also want this book.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds cool and maybe, just maybe, you can sleep and eat out and maybe drink a bit. I also want the book, but the price (even at Overstock) is a bit steep for me.

Rachel said...

Neat!

You know that song "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake? You need to adopt it as your own rock anthem. "I'm bringin' square dance back. You mother f*'ers better allemande left!"

Carrie said...

I can't wait until you can tell more about this reality show square dancing business and the hijinks that are sure to ensue.

Will this be shot locally, or do you travel to TV-land? Or can you not say?

[Sorry if this is a repeat post...my browser just experienced a glitch...]