Monday, March 12, 2007

Ah Spring

All over the blogosphere, people are talking about spring. Yes, my Lenten Rose is in bloom. Yes, we've been able to sleep out on the sleeping porch again. Yes, I did a wee bit of weeding and deadheading of the lavender bush.

But really, I've mainly been knitting and movie watching for the past two days. Indoors. In my pajamas. All day. I have grades due after all, which means it's time to start a new project.

This sock? That's about 4 hours of work avoidance knitting right there.

The pattern is from Knitting Vintage Socks, and I only had to rip the ripple part 5 times before I got the hang of it.

The yarn was purchased on Saturday on my way back from Hannibal. I stopped into the new LYS in St. Charles, Knit & Caboodle. Very nice woman, but sooooooo not ready for opening day. This Regia is my sympathy yarn.

I also stopped in to the Kirkwood Knittery, where I purchased more yarn, an unusual silk I'll have to think more about before using. Then I went on to my guild meeting.

The miser's purse is coming along, getting more and more obscene by the moment. Not only does it look like a phallus, it has a giant slit in the middle of it.

Fortunately for the whole it's-a-gorgeous-day-outside-why-are-you-sitting-indoors-and-knitting-until-you-can't-feel-your-fingertips-anymore problem, I dropped a stitch and didn't realize it for eight rows or so.

After frogging, forest green laceweight on 000s simply cannot be picked up by the light of a 60-watt bulb. I had to get up out of the recliner, set the movie on pause, and venture out into the sunlight. Basing my theory solely on the warmth beating down on my head as I hunched over my snarled mess on the steps, I think it's another beautiful spring day out today.

2 comments:

Larry said...

I've never heard of a miser's purse before, so I enjoyed your post and the earlier one about this period oddity.

Peggy said...

I've relegated my knitting hours to the evenings. This is Day 3 of me playing in my garden all.day.long.