Friday, January 19, 2007

Time Keeps on Slipping

No pictures today as the logistics are often beyond me. By the time I get to a camera, the only thing I have to photograph will have been delivered.

I'm headed over to Hearthstone to knit the last few rows on my Red Scarf Project before the deadline. I worked on it yesterday afternoon while watching Capote, and last night while watching some old BBC sitcoms (As Time Goes By, and Keeping Up Appearances). Normally both shows annoy me, but they were pretty good this time. Actually, they weren't really pretty good; they were just slightly less annoying than usual. TV pretty much sucks of late.

I knitted another 4 inches or so around 6 am when I should have been doing class prep. I tried to knit and read, but the pattern is a bit tricky and often involves knitting in the stitch below. I have to look at what I'm doing too often, every other stitch actually, to make reading possible.

I really could stop now as the scarf is plenty long enough. The problem is, I can't seem to throw out yarn. If I stop with some left, that little bit, smaller than a golf ball, will rattle around my sewing room, making me crazy. I'll keep plotting how to work it into a charity hat, will worry about whether it's a DK or worsted. I simply cannot just throw it out, even though I actually got the yarn for free in the first place.

So, a few more inches and off it will go with a heartfelt note to tell the recipient how proud I am of him or her. Really and truly.

No comments: