Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lost Time

Here's another ## hours of my life I'll never get back again.





I say "##" because I really have no idea. I got the puzzle for Christmas from my aunt. It's not the kind of puzzle I like, really; I prefer the kind with lots and lots of variations of an item: spools of thread, vintage baseball cards, victorian dolls. And one puzzle a year is just fine.


Still, I enjoyed parts of it. I enjoyed watching my husband, with his ability to hyperfocus, working on it. I enjoyed the border and separating the pieces by colors, but by last night when we were down to all the variations on green leaves, I wanted to puke. I did in fact, twice, but it may not be the puzzle's fault. It may have been some sort of freakish stomach bug.


The puzzle also helped to keep me from knitting, which I really needed to do. I have the hands of a 70-year-old woman and a well-honed ability to tune out the messages from my body that say, "You need to take a break, or you will hurt yourself."


The trouble with a knitting blog is that I feel the need to have something to show on a regular basis. So here's what I have to show for my labors--a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle of 3 tabby kittens in a garden, about to be dismantled and foisted off on some other sap.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Aww! Cute kittens! I love puzzles too, but rarely have a chance to do them anymore. I did help my 6 year old with a little kid's 100 piece puzzle this Christmas vacation, but I can't remember the last time I did a "real" one.