Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Reusable Duster Cover

Honestly, I feel a little silly posting a pattern for what is essentially a garter stitch rectangle, but I did find it helpful to have finished measurements to shoot for. Basically, I wanted the cover to be wide enough, but have a lot of negative ease so it wouldn't slide around on the swiffer. I also considered adding some kind of bobble or attachment, but the fuzz on the Scrubby helps keep the cover in place.

Last winter, my mom asked me to knit her a swiffer cover when I was visiting. We went out and got yarn and needles, and I was able to work one up pretty quickly. Later, I spotted some Red Heart Scrubby yarn and thought it would make a perfect cover.



Scrubby Swiffer Cover

Approximate Finished Size: 10.5' x 6"

Materials:
Red Heart Yarns Scrubby: 1 skein
Needles: one set of US 8
Yarn needle to weave in ends
Gauge: 4 sts per inch

Abbreviations:
CO: cast-on or cast-off
K: knit
Directions:
CO 40 and k 49 rows or until cover is 6.5" long. CO.

No comments: