Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Midterm Dots


  • Just before my weekend started, we walked up to the park to watch a performance by the Unseen Ghost Brigade. This street theater group built a raft in Minneapolis and is working their way down the Mississippi River, performing along the way.

  • Here's a YouTube video they made about their development process and a newspaper article about their time in Quincy.


  • This weekend, I put LB in charge of the grocery shopping and all cooking.

  • This weekend, I graded twenty-five profile papers.

  • This weekend I watched Whale Rider three times.

  • This weekend, I graded twenty papers on Hamlet.

  • This weekend, I watched Cocteau's La Belle et la Bete three times, including the Phillip Glass opera version.

  • This weekend, I graded fifty midterm exams.

  • This weekend, I did not knit--even once.

  • By Sunday at 7, I decided it was time to stab things repeatedly, so I cranked out a bunch of needle felting.

  • an acorn and oak leaf
  • a pumpkin (I love how Rachel's roving is tonally variegated and lets me feel less like I'm at the colorforms level of needle felting and more like I can actually make something cute.)

  • a Glückspilze/mushroom
  • All that stabbing helped. Only twenty-five more essays to go.

1 comment:

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

I love Whale Rider