Friday, February 05, 2010

In which our heroine learns to play air banjo

... not really. Still, this photo looks that way, and clearly frailing with a masterful clawhammer instead of a being a cheesy three-finger picker.


Behold the February Lady Sweater, made out of about 2.6666666666666 skeins of Dyeabolical's cotton slub.

I used to make tons of sweaters, back before I established my "Do NOT Buy Yarn with a Credit Card" rule. This sweater, though, cost less than $30, with yarn left over even.


I fought mightily against the urge to make yet another purple sweater (I'm wearing one as I type, in fact, along with a purple scarf and purple socks), as I do not want to become The Purple Lady.

You've met her; you know you have. The only thing worse than becoming The Purple Lady is becoming The Knitterly Purple Lady.

The sweater's not perfect. Although the buttons are technically evenly spaced by rows, the cotton has draped so that they are no longer evenly spaced by inches.


Still, I'm pretty dang happy. Just don't call me The Purple Lady.

4 comments:

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

It truly is beautiful on you.

yoel said...

FLS looks great in cotton! I wouldn't have thought of that.

BTW, there is something worse than being The Knitterly Purple Lady. It is becoming the Knitterly Purple Lady with cats and cigarettes.

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Oh no! I have cats! Am I sliding down that slippery slope?

Crafty and Crap said...

Looks great. Makes me want to make another out of the orange cotton slub.