Monday, October 19, 2009

On the Road

Being a rock star sounds so glamorous. Of course, I'm not really a rock star; I'm just a lil' old square dance caller, which also sounds like it might just actually be a tiny bit fun. It sounds even cuter if I say I was supposed to call at a real barn dance this weekend.

As in actual dance, in an actual barn.

Actually though, the barn looked like this:

And it was an actual barn. With actual tractors and with an actual dirt floor in part of it and with an actual outhouse and and actual bonfire behind it.

Actually, it was pretty damn cold.

Once the dancers got there though, it was actually pretty fun.

and the band was actually pretty good.

The next day, I went to the farmers' market where this woman was making balloon animals. I thought I had been cold the night before, but at least I hadn't had hordes of children clamoring at my feet.
On the way home, I found a knitting item I've been coveting for about two years:

My boss has one she inherited from her great aunt, and I've wanted my own yarn tin forever. It's got a hole in the center of the lid for pulling out the yarn.

It's good to be home.

No comments: