Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In which our heroine knits . . .

. . . a lot.

Having largely recovered from the insanity of intersession, I've been back to knitting.

Plus, all that insanity enabled me to buy (with actual cash and everthin'!!) a new camera. Hopefully my food will look more appetizing. My knitting certainly does.

I knitted up the Mardi Gras ruff from the yarn I bought in Lexington, MO. The pattern is from One-Skein Wonders (Storey is coming out w/ a new book this fall: One-Yard Wonders. I can't wait!).

I finished a second Civil War Norwegian Morning Cap (more on that another time).

I finished LB's Oak-Ribbed socks out of the gorgeous Old Jeans colorway from Dyeabolical Yarns.


I began a pair of bed socks for myself.


I knitted two Civil War sleeping caps and am about to start a smoking cap.


I am attempting to knit a clock,


and that little nubbin of orange mohair is screaming out to me. It wants to be the Lala scarf from Greetings from Knit Cafe. I've got the library book and just need to get the needles out.
There's just something about mohair and summer knitting.

No comments: