Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras Knitting

Technically Mardi Gras was yesterday. Today, we should all be wandering about with ashes on on our foreheads and whining about how hungry we are or how we just want some red meat.


Not me.


All Carnival season, I had my purple, green, and gold knitwear up on display in my LYS. The aim was to inspire people to knit themselves a bit of Mardi Gras.


As a result, I wandered around for the last six weeks without much Mardi Gras knitwear. I tended to wear the Mardi Gras pearl jewelry that Matthew made for me, but overall I felt very deprived.


Deprivation is for Lent, not Mardi Gras.


Today, now that I have my stuff back, I can wear purple, green, and gold to my heart's content. I expect that it will take at least 40 days to content myself.


______________________

ps--go read Dr. Knitter's Mardi Gras blog post to see the world's cutest king cake baby.

No comments: