Friday, January 09, 2009

Off Kilter

Things are out of balance for me. I'm not sure why, and it could simply be that I don't know how to cope with free time.

I never have to make a resolution to keep a journal or to blog daily. I've actually been keeping a daily journal since the late 1980s. It's not a major accomplishment to say that. The journal is largely a list of events, not even complete sentences, certainly nothing bordering on Tristram Shandy. It never shows up on my resolution list because it's a daily habit, like drinking vast quantities of Pespi One, or knitting incessantly, or breathing. I just do those things.

But when I find myself not updating my journal, I know something is out of whack. It just takes me a bit to figure out what it is.

At first I thought I was just resistant to blogging, but then I realized I wasn't journaling either. I'm not irritated with anyone and should be reasonably relaxed after some time off teaching. I've been resolving to post, but then avoid it for some reason.

So, I apologize in advance for either NOT posting or for posting drivel while I try to fight through some writer's block. Please don't take it personally.

No comments: