Monday, December 29, 2008

The Year in Review

I totally stole this from somewhere else, but sometimes it takes a meme to get me back on the wagon.

The rules are to take the first sentence of the first post for each month in 2008.

Here's my year in review:

January: I made 4 of them [resolutions] and had broken 3 of them by 1:15 p.m. on January 1.

February: We got 9" of snow, just in time for Mardi Gras.

March:
I was on the road this weekend, being a rock star.

April: Lots of folks end up inheriting a big bag o'yarn and then don't know what to do with it:

May: It's a day for dots, largely b/c life keeps zipping by and I can't keep up with posting.

June: Since our last meeting (which was apparently just about two weeks ago), here's just some of what's happened: [technically sentence doesn't end for about thirty more bullet points, but you get the idea]

July: I'm immersed in nineteenth-century candy at the moment, tracking down leads on the origins of Turkish Delight and how it got to America.

August: I don't always cook beige, really.

September: Civil War I-cord: I had been told there was no such thing.

October: I bought the very first ball of Opal's limited edition Harry Potter sock yarn that came into my LYS yesterday.

November: No knitting content today--no time.

December: Enter the Christmas crazies.

There's some coded language in there, but starting about May I can see myself getting overwhelmed and a bit whiny. The cooking beige means I'm stressed. The immersing myself in research means I'm avoiding some other large task. I expect to be very broke next semester, but a lot more in balance. And hopefully with more time to blog.

No comments: