Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Priorities

For the past year, I've had my cell phone alarm set to go off at 4 pm every Tuesday to remind me to at least make a stab at a job search. Generally, I've been tuning it out.

I've got to stop doing that. I even got an inside lead on a job forwarded to me and I've still been procrastinating. Of course, the job requires a reading knowledge of Chinese or Japanese, but I'm telling myself that just writing up the resume and cover letter would be a step in the right direction.

Must. get. to. it.

In the meantime, I've been cooking bacon-turnip turnovers (very yummy) and Asian cucumber salad (with red onion, lime, fish sauce, and ground dried shrimp--fabu) over couscous.:


I've been being a rock star (with a summer fiddle camp band of about 30 kids, ages 7-14):

I've been buying souvenir yarn (610 yards of two-ply silk) with the proceeds from my rock star travels:

I've been knitting:

  • for charity

  • for the guild KAL
  • for myself.

But none of that will bring home the bacon, turnip turnovers not withstanding.

No comments: