That said, I'm falling back on Yoel's meme. She tagged me, thanks ever so much.
1.) What was I doing ten years ago?
Pretty much exactly what I'm doing now. I was teaching, but just at one school. I'd started being a rock star five years before that. I knew how to knit. I had just finished my first season of Civil War reenacting. I was dating LB long distance. I had two cats, both of whom are now gone. I was living in the same place I am now, but it was just an apartment then; later we'd buy the entire 2-flat. I was starting to get comfortable in my skin.
2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
- make German potato salad in the slow cooker
- call a lawyer to fix a speeding ticket
- print out driving directions for tomorrow's trip to Kentucky
- completely clear out my office for mandatory summer cleaning (technically work, I guess, so I'll do six)
- figure out what to cook with this week's CSA share
- temporarily modify an 1860s-style dress into an 1870s style dress by altering the sleeves and skirt and by sewing a bustle.
I'm a huge snacker, so anything. The ones I periodically crave are dark chocolate, Old Bay potato chips, lace cookies, Sweetarts, Smarties, and Good N' Plenty. Chicken In A Biscuit when I'm particularly stressed.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Buy a hybrid and a cute camper
- Travel the country and the world
- Try out more new restaurants
- Leave bigger tips
- Get health insurance
6) Jobs I have had: God, I can't even remember them all. I've been known to have four at once. Selling corn at a roadside stand; Frank's Nursery & Crafts; resident assistant; language lab worker; generic pharmaceutical company; text book editing; teaching English; rock star; chauffeur; LYS; tutoring in Spanish; private chef; bookkeeping for a frame shop; helping run a 78 RPM record auction; helping in a fiddle shop; running inventory for a granite wholesaler; lots of animal sitting; registrar; and an unfathomable amount of temp work.
If you read this far, consider yourself tagged.