I also finished the Wisp and am withholding judgement until the thing is blocked. At the moment, I'm disappointed and have wadded it up in a ball. At least it looks pretty next to the pussy willow.
LB, bless his heart, said, "Maybe it's not supposed to be perfect?" when I asked him to straighten out the back in an abortive fitting. Looking at the schematic now, I also see I hadn't buttoned it correctly. That helps a bit.
Part of my concern is the length. When I first knit it and was measuring while patting it flat, I had added three more pattern repeats to get the 50" length. Trust the designer when she says 17 repeats. The other problem I have is that the photograph of the cast on and bind off edges for the blue version does not quite match the instructions. I like the photographed version, but to get it, I would have to completely rip and reknit.
This weekend I also got to do some junking:
The scores, clockwise from left are as follows:
- a 1960 Disney Alice in Wonderland figurine with original labels on the bottom. I normally steer clear of Disney's Alice, but this one wasn't overly twee.
- a fold-out collection of tinted photos of the Lipizzaner stallions, probably from the early 1960s. Great condition and just gorgeous horse photography.
- a 1940s? mechanical child's toy in beech. I loved it because it's great craftsmanship for what's basically a souvenir of the the Oklahoma highway system.
- a kitchy 1960s mermaid coffee mug. The back says "Oh You Kid!", one of my favorite lost exclamations. It's already been gifted, and she loves it.
- two obscure St. Louis postcards, one real photo.
And I also finally got my Xmas present from my MIL, which included this rhinestone bracelet:
I've worn it every day since, constructing my outfits around it. I've found though, that rhinestone bracelets and lacy knitwear are not a harmonious combination in that the prongs catch and snag.
_______________*for the second time, actually. I had knit to the toe, ripped back to heel and reknit with a larger needle. In the meantime while waiting on LB for another fitting, I began on its mate, so I'm past the heel on that one as well.