Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mardi Gras Madness

I have been doing much Mardi Gras knitting, and the cats have been content to have my lap at their disposal all day.

First, came a trio of scarves which I temporarily braided together. I like the idea of loaning them out to two other friends. The yarn is Crystal Palace Splash. Or as Annie says "OH!" with a sharp intake of breath, "That's really . . . yellow."


Then came the coozie for a 2 by 4, at LB's request. The yarn is Cascade Fixation, whose elastic properties make for a great can condom.


Next came a scarf pattern I designed for the Mardi Gras kick-off party at my LYS. The yarn is Rowan's Cotton Glace. I asked Yma to pay me back for all the lap sitting by acting as model.


In progress is a stole, based on the Chevron Scarf pattern in Dyeabolical Yarns. While I am expected to be at her disposal all day, Yma clearly has a lower tolerance.

Yma decided she was tired of having her picture taken and knocked the yarn off the table so that her brother could play with it.

See if I let her sit in my lap again anytime soon.

No comments: