The pattern is Past Patterns #031 Front Closing Gown. The fabric is a red and cream linen stripe I had in my stash for a few years--that means it was free.
Pattern notes: The original fabric had stripes running across the width, not the length, of the fabric. I did a test muslin to see if sewing it on the cross grain would affect the fit. It didn't seem to.
The original dress was sewn entirely by hand. I am not a hand-sewing purist. I'm just fine with using the machine where it doesn't show or doesn't matter, but I do feel this dress went together better and more neatly with hand sewing. The join of the sleeves, gussets, straps, bodice and back would have been tricky on a machine. I know so--because I machine stitched the muslin.
Alterations: Since my stripes ran the length of the fabric, I opted not to piece the skirt as the original did. I just cut to the desired length. I definitely cut it too long though, as I had to add two extra 1" tucks (the original had one) to eat up 4". I also skipped the half-moon pleat in the front, although I may add it later.
There is a wonky bit visible at the left hip which we will not mention. Otherwise, it's just about perfect.
Naturally, I will be needing some mitts.