Thursday, May 03, 2007

Completely Unrelated

Two things today, completely unrelated.

First, I totally forgot my favorite part of the Fiber Fest. We were standing in the Squire Boone Home, which is a tiny house and only two rooms deep, and talking to some tourists. I heard a bit of clattering in the back room and it took me a minute to turn around, since spectators had been coming in and out of both doors all day. This one seemed especially noisy and, having some fear for my chamber pot, I turned around to see a sheep. A sheep, named Dixie in fact. As in Right.There.In.My.Bedroom. I do confess to shrieking just a little bit, but only from surprise. The shrieking seemed to get her motivated to continue on her shortcut to meet up with the rest of her flock. Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty damn hilarious.

(note how enticingly like a shortcut the house appears)

Second, it was a veritable gathering of the bloggers last night at Knitorious--Rachel was there because she has to be, but Annie was there and so was Kara. I read them all regularly, so it was very exciting. Annie wants me to talk more about sanitary fairs, so look forward to that in the near future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I really wanted to come last night, but I had to deal with a leaky bedroom wall instead. Hopefully next week?

Annie said...

Yes, Annie does want to hear more about your research. I'm all about any research I don't have to do myself! So fun to meet up.

Sorry Jenn couldn't be there. Sorry though about the leak.

Rachel said...

I enjoy being there even if I'm supposed to be working. I wish I could spend more time back there knitting, though.

I'm sorry if I've been flaky lately, especially about the blog thing. There is really no excuse for my being quite that flakey no matter what my brain is doing to me.

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

No worries! Flakey is charming. I'll definitely be there next week. I think :)