Monday, March 26, 2007

C'est impossible

For a brief moment there, I was bored with knitting. I can't even remember the last time that happened. I didn't even know it was possible.

Before the Boone Home event, I had actually laid off knitting for a few days, working on a sewing project. While there, I finished off the miser's purse and worked a gentleman's neck warmer. It was the neckwarmer that did me in, although perhaps my lingering dissatisfaction with the miser's purse had something to do with it.

There's something about sitting in the sun on an 80 degree March day and knitting along on something that I will not be keeping that made my whole spirit rebel.

Maybe it was the yarn, someone's failed dye experiment, that I got for free. Maybe it was the thought of 4.5" of k3,p3 ribbing. Maybe it was knowing that I'd made 3 of these already. Maybe it's all the other projects swimming around in my head. Maybe it's Spring.

I hope I get over this soon.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's OK to take a break. The knitting will still be there when you feel like returning to it.

Spring in the air & the 80 degree weather probably doesn't help matters, but wasn't it a gorgeous weekend?

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Good news! I'm better & back at it :)