Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh, and I forgot

Current backlog:
  • 4 10-page research papers
  • 9 5-page proposal papers
  • 20 portfolio assessments--I really hate doing these

All due Thursday by 5 pm. I'm actually in great shape.

This morning, I read a paper by an 020 student that was so unbelievably beautiful that I wept. And trust me, I checked it on Google for plagiarism.

In 020 our main goal is to write a coherent paragraph and the students in that class often have learning disabilities. The learning disability doesn't necessarily mean that they're stupid, but the labyrinthine wiring of their brains always surprises me. They see things and come up with approaches that I never would have dreamed of and I love teaching them every semester.

1 comment:

Lori Witzel said...

Found you through Larry's blog...and now I'm enormously curious about that paper.

Would your student be willing/able to give permission (or have their parents/guardian give permission) for an excerpt to be shared?