Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I Wish I Hadn't Known This

Here goes any illusions of hipness I may have had about myself.

I am one of those annoying people who does all her Christmas shopping for the following year on the day after Christmas. I like to give Hallmark ornaments to assorted young kinfolk and to family with collections (Superman, cardinals, Wizard of Oz, tractors, Jesus, etc.).

I enjoy leafing through the Dreambook in mid-summer, picking the ornaments for each person, then hitting the local Hallmark in whatever town I happen to be in for Christmas. I'm usually done for the year around noon. Any missing ones can often be snagged on ebay.

When I was a child, I really loved having my own ornaments on the tree--not ones I had made, but ones that were given to me as gifts. When I moved out, those ornaments made their way onto my tree. I hope that's what happens with these ornaments.

Anyway, I'm tapped out--my 2007 Christmas budget has been reached, yet I just found out that Knitorious is having a sale starting tomorrow. I have a sinking feeling that I do not have enough pink silk Regia to finish the latest pair of lace socks. I know if I walk in the door, other yarns will call to me.

Sigh.

No comments: